Wednesday, February 13, 2013

arugula, pineapple, avocado pizza

Hello dear readers!!!   Upon the urging of Carlo, I am going to be adding a page  (once I figure out how and have the time to make that happen) and posting some of the GF/vegetarian yummy things that we eat!  I have been getting very adventurous in my cooking!!  So......on that note.  Here is what I made for dinner one night last week


not going to lie here. This is actually taken the day after this was made and yeah that is the only slice that was left!




Vegetarian Pizza/ Arugula, Pineapple, Avocado Pizza

Ingredients:

pizza dough, I use this empanada dough recipe and roll it fairly thin.
1 container arugula (I used half the container)
2 roma tomatoes, sliced very thin
1 8oz can pineapple chunks
3-4 garlic cloves chopped (you can use more or less depending on your love of garlic)
1 avocado cubed (I slice my avocado in half and run my knife along the inside of the avocado horizontally and vertically then push the skin to invert it and it comes out clean I hope that made sense
1/4-1/2 cup feta ( I used goat feta due to our dairy avoidance)
1/8 cup finely shredded gouda (again we used goad gouda but regular gouda is fine)
sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp. oregano sprinkled



Directions:

preheat your oven on 400 if using the dough recipe from above. ** I split this dough recipe so Carlo has a pizza and I have a pizza. All of the above is  JUST for my pizza.  Carlo put ham and pepperoni on his pizza :-)  **
Before piling anything on top bake the dough for 12 or so minutes.  You want it pretty firm because there is a whole lot of moisture in everything above.
Put 1/2 a jar of pasta sauce on your pizza once it has cooled off a little
I put the arugula first and then went right down the list above just piling it all on top that includes the salt and oregano
 Once you have it all done, pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.












No comments:

Post a Comment