Saturday, February 11, 2012

Montessori and Ina May

hey guys so.....recital is DONE, no more rehearsals for a while at least.  Currently in the Bentley household, Audrey and I both have a sinus infection!! YUCK!! I thank Carlo for that.  You'd swear I don't take echinacea or prenatals or vitamin D on a regular basis and eat gluten free and really healthy.  Anyway, well, I got some ginger root tea, took 2 TBLSP of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) in 8 oz of water, got some oil of oregano for Audrey, (I put 2 drops on her feet, rub it and then put socks on, it really did help her) I also got some grapefruit seed extract (GSE) for both of us as well.  I am doing much better, Audrey is still coughing a little but it's going away slowly.  I should tell you that this all started THIS MORNING! :-(   I am hoping to kick this by tomorrow.   


I still need to post my dear 12 month old baby letter to Audrey, I am late as usual, SORRY. For now I am fascinated with a philosophy I have heard of but never knew a whole lot about. The Montessori Philosophy.  I literally JUST found it tonight and it clicked with me immediately and tomorrow i am taking action and moving things around in Audrey's room!  It's basically making your home baby friendly instead of baby proofing.  Less plastic toys more natural toys. (This is something I REALLY have been wanting to get into since Audrey has A LOT of plastic toys, I should know better...)  The bed is on the floor, things are at her eye level, mirrors, tables, etc.  It makes total sense to me and I think Audrey would really thrive in that kind of environment because she ALWAYS wants to see what's going on.  When I am cooking she MUST be involved.  I have personally always felt bad just letting her run around in her own little world with just her toys. It sounds silly I know, but it's true.  Another reason I believe she would  LOVE this kind of environment is because one of her favorite places to be and play in is the puppies crate.  I find books and toys in it and she loves crawling in and out of it.  It makes sense since it is her size.  I am SUPER psyched about this.  Oh and I guess now would be a great time to tell y'all that I am seriously considering becoming a doula!  I started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and am entrigued by it.  In 1.5 weeks I have almost gotten through the book.  I read during Audrey's nap time and at night usually, which is why I haven't been keeping up with y'all. SORRY!  I think every pregnant woman should read this book.  It is FANTASTIC!  It's so encouraging and goes into so much detail of how our bodies work when in labor.  Anyway, well, I thought I would give y'all a quick update. Time to get back to Ina May! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment