Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Controversial Cover

Alright Readers, have you seen or heard about the cover of Time magazine?? If  not check it out here!  Carlo heard about it before me and he grabbed a copy of it the day it came out. Most of the stores around here are not carrying this cover because of course extended breastfeeding, especially public extended breastfeeding is so.....taboo!! Of course, it's a heated subject, extended breastfeeding that is.  It's true that A LOT of people think extended breastfeeding and public breastfeeding as gross and something they don't want to see. As most of you know I have no intention of weaning Audrey.  She will wean when she is ready.  She is 15 months old and still going strong with breastfeeding. She nurses 3-4 times during the day and usually 2 times at night.  I LOVE breastfeeding, no lie.  No matter what has happened during the day, no matter how cranky, busy, or crazy the day is, we are always able to re-connect via breastfeeding.  As far as my opinions on the article I feel like it labeled attachment parents BIG time calling our parenting style extreme.  I am still not sure how such a natural style of parenting can be labeled extreme.  I personally find spanking to be extreme, but of course, here that's considered, normal.  A little backwards don't you think??     Let me know what you think of the article??

As I am writing this I am watching Pregnant in Heels and there is a home birthing couple, who wants to use elimination communication and she wants to eat her placenta.  It's REALLY fantastic.  Of course, I am not a fan a Rosie so much during this but the fact that it's a couple who want a home birth and are bringing either placenta encapsulation or placenta eating to mainstream is AWESOME! I haven't seen the whole episode so....I am going to go.  There is also a mom later in the season who doesn't believe in vaccinating. I can't wait!!!     UGH, this whole elimination communication is making me angry, but that's something else...


No comments:

Post a Comment