Thursday, February 7, 2013

great day for a birthday

Two years has come and gone in what seems like the blink of an eye.  I try to really focus on those new things that Audrey is doing and loving all of those little things I know won't always be that way.  I find that I stop and think more and more everyday on whether what I am doing at the moment can wait.  You know, so many of us get preoccupied with the e-mails, facebook, and all of that stuff that we forget to sometimes stop and enjoy our little ones.  We get caught up in work ,cleaning, or tidying, all stuff that, in my case, can wait.  Well, except vacuuming, that can't wait until nap because it would simply wake her up.  Cooking has turned into something we do together, cleaning waits until naps or nights. I am better about turning off and tuning in to Audrey.  Does that mean I am perfect?? Hell No! But, I try really hard to be the best mama possible.  When a fun package comes in the mail, even something I have been waiting for, I wait to open it.  I know if I open it the second I get it my attention won't be on Audrey and I might miss those little moments that I cherish.  Those little moments where she brings me a book and says "read mama" or where she says "I missed you mama" 10 minutes after I walked in the door and gives my leg a big hug and says "hold you"   I have a mantra that is on my dream board that is in out bedroom. It is something I see multiple times every day and I repeat it frequently "I took a deep breath and let it go"  I have been taking 2013 to really focus on the positive even in a tantrum or fit and really focus on what sparked it and talk through it.  My wish for Audrey is for her to have a better mama every day someone who takes full advantage of every moment, kiss, hug, and snuggle because one day I know there will be far less of all of that.  I want to be sure she has all of the tools to be the best person possible to be non-judgmental, loving, caring, and sharing. I want her to have control in her emotions and be able to decide in the heat of anger  whether to take a deep breath or go on saying whatever it is, but at least she will have that knowledge.  I couldn't ask for a more beautiful little girl, inside and out. She is pure joy! Even in those moments that are not the best, I still find good.  She is incredible and was from the moment I saw her.  Of course, I knew the moment I found out I was pregnant that I was having a little girl who would have blue eyes, blonde curly hair, and her name would be Audrey! 

Audrey and Sophie (Carlo's parents dog)





throwing the ball to her best friend, Eli.


walking in the park at night

the wish lantern
Audrey January 28, 2013

Audrey January 28, 2011





family photo  January 28, 2013




first family photo January 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment