Sunday, August 7, 2011

Breastmilk: The Original Happy Meal

Hey everyone!

         HAPPY WORLD BREASTFEEDING WEEK!! :-)

In honor of this week, which was technically August 1-7, I will be posting different stories of moms who held their ground and quoted the laws protecting them when people told them to cover up or leave when they were breastfeeding in public.  I wish we lived in a country that was more accepting of something so natural.  Breasts were intended to be used for feeding a baby/toddler/child.  It makes me sad that when we go out to eat, or anywhere really, I have yet to see a mom nursing. I am proud of the fact that I have the ability and am able to provide food for my baby girl and I have no intention of weaning her.  It is up to Audrey when she is done with nursing and if that is when she is 2, 3, or 4 even that is perfectly fine with me.  I love the bonding time we have and it is the best thing for her.  I was lucky that my sweet little princess latched immediate in recovery and nursed for a whopping 23 minutes on one side and 17 minutes on the other.  We have had no real problems and are still going strong.

On a side note, I bought my first actual nursing tops and totally intend on using them to breastfeed in public.  I am very excited to get to use these shirts and wear  them until they get holes in them!   I am also going to tackle learning how to breastfeed Audrey in her sling.  I will be watching videos and practicing at home first to get comfortable, and by the end of the week, and from now on, I will simply be able to let her eat on the run.  I will also post a photo of me feeding her in the sling just to show everyone how discreet it truly is.   

Here is a funny ad by celeb moms on the benefits of breastfeeding! So with that said, whip em out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7SM7Hvjqny4

No comments:

Post a Comment