Monday, October 10, 2011

Ahh Catnip


Here it is 10:46 at night and once again my mind is racing.  This is normal for me. I am so busy up until the last hour before bed running around stuffing diapers, cleaning the kitchen, putting laundry in the dryer, picking up the bathroom from bath time, putting Audrey’s clothes away, baking, etc…the list goes on and on.  In any case, it’s at times like this that I heat a cup of water and enjoy some catnip tea.   Yup, you read that right, catnip.  Yes, the stuff that cats get high off of.  It simply calms nerviness and is basically a natural sedative.  It’s also great for those teething little ones.  No Benadryl in this house, catnip totally does the trick and to boot, you don’t wake up feeling like someone smacked you over the head with a baseball bat in the morning.  That’s the beauty of a simple herbal remedy like catnip, no crazy side effects.  Stay tuned for further posts, I have about4 separate entries I have been writing simultaneously as well as mention countless topics that come to mind during a 3am feeding that I type up on my itouch.  On that note, it’s been 10 minutes and my tea is ready.  Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment