Thursday, December 1, 2011

102!!!!!

So....it's been crazy around here yet again but that's no big surprise.  While I am working on my letter to Audrey for turning 10 months old, and about our Thanksgiving, I will tell you about yesterday.  Audrey had a fever.  Of course it wasn't until 2:30pm that I realized this. I knew she was teething and was definitely being clingy.  I actually couldn't put her down; she was in her sling and ERGO when she wasn't sleeping on me.  She wouldn't go down in her crib and simply had to be touching me.  I was still clueless as to her having a fever.  Audrey has never had a fever. Her temperature was between 101.5 and 102.4.  I was not concerned though because fevers are the body's way of fighting off an infection.  My first instinct was to give her Elderberry syrup and a little water. I then gave her a lukewarm bath and put a cool rag on her head.  I had asked Carlo to make a trip to Earth-n-Herbs, it's about a 20-30 minute drive from our house.  I have recipes for immunity tea and fever reducing tea. It was about 6pm when Carlo got home. Audrey took a little and her fever went from 102.4 to 101 to 98.4. The last temp. was taken this morning.  Carlo and I switched off being next to her while we each ate dinner and got ready for bed.  Today she is back to her old self.  She has been playing and having a good day.  Of course, rough days are much fewer now that Audrey is older.  They are pretty rare in fact.  Well, I will post the recipes for helpful teas, syrups, oils, and such in a new tab so be on the lookout.  I will say that catnip is magic when it comes to teething. Carlo takes the lung and chest congestion tea every night for a dry cough he has.  These work!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment