Monday, January 2, 2012

Saying Goodbye to 2011.



 2011 is gone and with 2012 here,  Audrey’s birthday is right around the corner!! It is less than a month away!!!  We aren’t doing a big thing but are having some of her friends over, as well as a few of ours, and family.  I ordered her birthday shirt, which should be in ANY day! (I seriously can NOT wait) I also ordered her invites.  Since she is our little penguin, I thought a penguin/snowflake party themed party would be fun.  It’s not crazy over the top, but her shirt has a penguin as does her invite.  I am planning on making some snowflake shaped cookies and some 3-d snowflakes to hang up.  I am also making a banner for her.  I am making sure that most of the food, with the exceptions of cookies, are sugar-free/baby friendly. Of course, everything will be gluten and dairy free and made by yours truly and butthead (aka Carlo aka best husband ever)  

 I can’t believe a year has almost passed.

So…much has happened.  With the start of this new year and her birthday, I feel as if I should go through some of the things that have happened with Audrey/me/family:

born on January 28th,  19 ¼ inches long, 6 pds. 15 oz
As of December 12th  28 inches long, 17 pds. 12 oz
14 teeth in LESS than 11 months (YIKES) got her first tooth June 6th.
She now says “hi” “mama” “papa” “nonna” “puppy” “bye bye” “mum mum” “moo” “duck”
We celebrated our first Easter, St. Patricks Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Halloween (she was Dorothy) and Christmas.
She watched her first royal wedding (yes indeed, we were all up and watching!)
Began wearing Audrey in her MOBY 2/17 , ring sling 6/16, ERGO in July.
Went from sleeping in her little lamb chair, to her cradle, to her bassinet, to her crib, to our bed/ her crib.
She began crawling around labor day, and took her first steps on Christmas day.
She smiles, laughs, plays games, LOVES outside.
She eats EVERYTHING (including dog food!!!) and lots of it BUT still breastfeeds at least every 3-4hrs. (so..glad for that (-: )
I have gone through many hair changes: chin length to longer pixie cut (hair over my ears) to short pixie cut.
We have changed quite a bit in our house: new dining room table, arm chair, tv table, and sofa, AND Carlo has finished his man cave/workshop.
12/16 Carlo and I celebrated out 5 year wedding anniversary


My resolutions include:

Being more patient.  Since having Audrey my patience has become even less.  It’s not something I am proud of or happy about, but it’s something I am working on and will continue to do so.

Being more fun and like the old me.  I tend to  worry and over analyze things (mainly
Audrey stuff) This makes me cranky and no fun. Like Carlo says I need to lighten up a little bit and not be so serious.

Get out more.  I really do love outside but don’t get out as much as I would like…

Lose a little weight. So, I am 1 pound away from my pre-Audrey weight, but I have been since I was 2 months postpartum.  I want to get back to my “happy” weight and attempt to lose 6 pounds. I say attempt because I realize I may not be able to lose this little extra weight due to breastfeeding.  I am going to watch my portion size and exercise.

Being Nicer. Again, I think this goes along with  the be more patient, have more fun thing but it still should be said.  I am not always very nice to Carlo.  Sure he pushes my buttons and annoys me sometimes but I am not very nice or patient when he does.  This has been a tough year for us, the toughest one ever as a matter of fact.  He didn’t always understand what was so difficult about what I was doing at home and I didn’t always communicate the best either.  This year WILL be different.  We are both working very hard.

Have at least 1 date night a month.  We only had maybe 5-6 dates this whole year.  That is tough on a marriage to not have you time without worrying about a sleeping baby and such.  We always went on dates pre-Audrey, it was a once a month event, sometimes more.  I REALLY miss that.  Not to mention our spontaneous adventure traveling around nearby cities in New Mexico. (Oh how I miss Albuquerque...)

Work with/play more with the kids. By the kids, I mean the puppies. (Yes I call them kids because to me they are)  I have not been giving them the attention they deserve/desire.  Sure we walk but don’t always go to the park or go only to find soccer practice is going on or football practice! UGH!  I don’t spend a lot of time just loving them like I used to.  Having 1 baby makes your time for everyone else so much smaller.  I feel bad for that.

Not feeling guilty about everything.  I swear as soon as I became a mom the guilt thing set in. I feel guilty about getting off Audrey's schedule, I feel guilty not spending enough time with the kids, I feel guilty not drinking enough water, I feel guilty, etc...


 In ANY case, with all of that said,  Happy New Year. 2012 will be fantastic, I just know it!  






No comments:

Post a Comment