Friday, January 20, 2012

Ten Steps to Kinder, Gentler Parenting.

alright readers so maybe this is TMI but around that wonderful time of the month my mood goes to absolute hell.  Seriously, it's no joke.  I make sure to take at least 1000 mg of calcium daily and Sepia to help me out.  If I am simply feeling extra irritable, I take some Rescue Remedy.  For some reason my downfall tends to be when/if Audrey wakes up during my night time break, meaning after she has gone to sleep. To be honest I get a little frustrated, I don't take it out on her but do watch the clock. Meaning I think I will pick her up and hold her for 10min then put her down.  Usually, that's rushing her, I know better. I know i know better but during that time of the month my brain says oh well. Then, when I put her down to early I get even more agitated when she wakes back up and cries.  I am not mad at her but at myself because I know better.  With that wonderful story about my awesome parenting (note the sarcasm) I will send you to this link.  THAT is how I want to be. That is what I want for Audrey and I.  It's a work in progress, I am a work in progress.  Change is not easy but acknowledgement is the first step to change. 

http://demandeuphoria.blogspot.com/2011/09/ten-steps-to-kinder-gentler-parenting.html

1 comment:

  1. First off I completely understand 220% what it's like when that damn Alabama team comes to town! I am down right not pleasent and as soon I catch myself I go oh my period must be heading my way! Like seriously it sucks! I too am working at being better when my hormones go cookoo!

    ReplyDelete