Thursday, April 5, 2012

toxins, chemicals, and hazardous materials, oh my

Hey readers,

          It's been a LOOOONG week. The DC outlet on my computer broke so I have been sans computer.  While it sucked  in some ways, it was nice in others.  I do need a break every once in a while.  In any case, I was checking out this article on Project bebe!  OMG SCARY!!!  Who the hell makes some of the safest car seats yet makes them toxic!!??  We have a Britax that we love, but liver disease, neurological damage...uh....NO THANK YOU!  Good news is that this article says they are doing something about it by the end of 2012.  I can't  believe I missed the toxic report on Britax.  So, we have the Britax Marathon 70 in blueprint which is not listed as tested in both the 2008 and 2011 study, but still.... I am queen of researching for Audrey. at least I feel that way I mean, Audrey's mattress is soy, I ALWAYS wash her clothes with vinegar to help get rid of toxins so they are more "organic", when I bake I don't bake things with sugar, and I get popsicles that are sweetened with agave for crying out loud.  Did I mention that anything with maltodextrin or thiamin mononitrite are OUT OF THE QUESTION.  Yeah, I am picky, but somehow missed this!?  Needless to say, I believe we will be trading in our Britax for another one that has less toxins when those come out.  Okay I have GOT to get to bed.  We have a LOOONG day ahead of us tomorrow and I had a looong day today.  I won't go into details now.  I also have a 14 month post for Audrey. So...be on the look out.  You can't miss it, it will be ridiculously long!

No comments:

Post a Comment