Monday, October 8, 2012

who knows who our babies will grow up to be

Alright I feel passionate about... well.... a lot of things like: birth and that all women should be able to choose where and how they want to birth whether it be in a hospital or at home with a midwife. more on that in another post Another thing I feel passionate about is equal rights for everyone regardless of sexual orientation.  I feel Melissa in Dear Baby put it best in this lovely post about Amendment 1when she said we have to think about our kids.  Whose to say that Audrey won't be a lesbian?  Shouldn't I do what I can to protect her?  I mean if I have a little boy who loves dolls and wearing my high heels why shouldn't I let him be himself? Why are people being persecuted for being who they truly are.  It takes guts to come out of the closet, I don't know personally but I can simply imagine.  Between The Boy Scouts of America and Chick-Fil-A I feel there is a lot of hatred going on.  A 17 year old who works hard to get all of his stuff done to become an eagle scout has no reason to be denied this high honor because he is gay.  Also, as much as I may love their waffle fries and have occasionally stopped to grab some since one is right around the corner from our house, I have not and will not be going to Chick-Fil-A again due to their stance on gays. I feel like we are in a sense, a small sense mind you, reliving the color issue from the 70's.   I feel as though decades from now we will look back and think how ridiculous.  If a man and a woman can get married for a half of a second ahem Brittany Spears then two men or two woman who love each other dearly should certainly be able to get married in all states.   Anyway, just a few musings for this mundane Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment