Tuesday, January 15, 2013

and then it happened

so.....I believe this deserves a post, a big one in fact. On the last day of the 2012 Audrey and I were at the store.  She was in her sling like usual, yup that's right she still LOVES her sling, and she looked at me and said "I have to go potty"  I looked at her a little confused because those words have never come out of her mouth and said "You have to go potty?"  Well she said it again and honestly I was at a loss for what to do.  We were out and about, she was in a diaper and other than going in the morning and at night she hated to sit on the potty even with the thought of a few mini chocolate chips as a reward for BOTH just sitting to try and for going.  I believe it all needs to be rewarded because to just stop what you are doing as a toddler is A LOT in my opinion.  Hell even I hate to stop and go when I am in the middle of doing something!!  So, I told her we would sit when we gt home because well a toddler plus public bathroom with no potty seat is S-C-A-R-Y!! Unfortunately, by that time she had gone poopy in her diaper.  I told her I was sorry that we didn't go when she said she had to and said I would trust her from now on and that is exactly what I have done.  Since then little burrito has been in underwear and is doing AMAZING!!!  She usually tells me when she has to go, but I still makes sure she sits and tries plenty of times and sometimes she even surprises herself.  I kept hearing from my hair dresser that one day she will wake up and want to go on the potty. I really never believed that until now.  I mean, we have been doing Elimination Communication with her since she was 8 months old.  We have had our ups and downs and done great and not so great, although it was not on her but on both Carlo and I for not being SUPER consistent.  Audrey is now in underwear from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed at night.  I bring her little potty with us when we go out and run errands and she sits before we go in and after we come out of each store.  She actually has gone on her little potty 2 times while we have been out running errands.  That is a BIG moment.  As I am writing this I am thinking back to what my BIG moments used to be and how much they have changed since having Audrey. Funny how a little one changes everything!  They make you think of others before yourself.  On a side note, I have to tell you guys that on my workbook I got to manifest my own  awesome 2013, I put that I would help Audrey to be completely out of diapers the week before her birthday.  I can't believe something has already happened!  Coincidence, maybe, but I believe it is more thought and thinking in my opinion.  Sorry for the lack of pictures, Carlo is completely to blame!!! He got a poloroid, really a fujuroid for Christmas and uses it to take the most adorable pictures EVER of Audrey and then kindly takes them to work before scanning them and don't you know that the pictures I have been managing to snap on the nikon look just awful!! Not post worthy anywhere!  So....pictures will come soon.  hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment