Thursday, July 11, 2013

Quick Easy Italian Vegetarian Dinner

Yes, Italian CAN be vegetarian and awesome too! Yes, Italy is known for it's wonderful meats: Prosciutto, Mortadella, Capicola....you get the idea. But and it's a BIG but Italian vegetarian is really great!!  If you don't believe me try THESE recipes!!

I can't take credit for these recipes at all, but I can give you the links!!
We had the meatballs with pasta with the homemade sauce I made and the polenta fries were dipped in the sauce below as well. ENJOY!

Broccoli Parmesan Meatballs
polenta fries


I can say that instead of Parmesan in the meatballs I made my own vegan Parmesan.  Don't be scared of this; it's amazing. In fact, it's so...good I couldn't stop eating it and nearly ate half of it!! no joke!
1 c. cashews
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. salt

Put everything in a mini prep processor and VOILA!! You have vegan parmesan. 


I made this sauce from nothing by my own thoughts. Truth is that we didn't have a jar of pasta sauce and I had happened to have tomatoes so I threw this together last minute.



Super Quick Homemade Tomato Sauce
3 beeefsteak tomatoes (whatever you have in your pantry will work too)
small handful baby carrots (4-5)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. pink salt
1 swirl of olive oil (literally swirl around the pot; roughly 1 TBLSP)
1-2 TBLSP white cooking wine


Put tomatoes one at a time in mini prep processor.  After each one is chopped put it in a pot.  Once the tomatoes are done put all of the carrots in the mini prep and chop finely.  Add carrots to the pot.  Add the rest of the ingredients and put the stove on med-high.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment